Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:51:17 -0700
From:         Kim Springer <kimspringer@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1990 2.1L Digijet European Caravelle wiring diagrams

I'm running a DJ motor with 9.6:1 with Digifant and the O2 Sensor (the MV engine is 8.6:1 but they call it 9:1, so I guess you could call 9.6:1 a 10:1 if you want to). I have never had it dyno'd but it seems to make good power and has done so for about 20K miles. I had the engine rebuilt and cc'd everthing to determine what was different about a DJ engine from and MV. It's definitely not making 112hp with the cat. etc.

I run it on super, becasue it will pre-ignite (detonate) without it (under load). With the super, it seems to be fine.

I belive that the Europen octane ratings are different that those used in the US, (meaning the numbers don't compare exactly), but I'd have to research this again to see if it is still true. I remember being told this at a Redline seminar where the representative was discussing Chevron's role in developing and supplying additive packages for fuel and oil.

Anyway, the engine runs fine and I will report when it blows!, what the pistons look like, but don't hold your breath, I expect it to run a while. Maybe it will develop a head leak and I can see the piston tops then ::)::::

Kim '88 Tristar #7 off the production line.

----- Original Message ----- From: "T.M." <tinkerman007@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 10:01 PM Subject: Re: 1990 2.1L Digijet European Caravelle wiring diagrams