Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:09:20 -0700
From:         Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 50 Worst Cars

And yet the Japanese manufacturers met the challenge head on and excelled. This is why GM and their ilk are falling whoafully behind and more and more folks in the U.S. are basically snubbing the U.S. companies altogether. I remember the stubborness of the U.S. companies too. They didn't want to add seatbelts, airbags or anything that might cost them any more money. Then a few years later, they all claim that they were the first to put in these improvements.

Do you still think that the Feds shouldn't have pushed for seatbelts? airbags?? These days I feel funny if I don't have my seatbelt on.... I for one am glad the Feds got involved with emission control. And no, I don't think they always get it right but at least it got and is getting the attention it deserves. How bad would the pollution have to get for car companies to do something about it by them- selves? We'd probably be choking to death by that time....

____________________________________________________________________________________ Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center. http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/