Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:51:54 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Significant improvment: Less wind deflection
Comments: To: Geza Polony <gezapolony@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

I've been across the Golden Gate and the Oakland/SanFrancisco Bay bridge. Frankly, none of those bridges are all that scarey.

Try the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, the Francis Scott Key Bridge, or the Governor Nice bridge (all in Maryland). Those are all long TALL bridges, which get up above all the local topographic features to get real strong winds.

There are some folks that won't drive across the Chesapeake Bay bridge. The others are a little off the beaten track, but offer stupendous views (assuming you have the chance to view anything instead of concentrating on the road...)