Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:47:27 -0700
From:         Buffalo 66 <ss180ss@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      anyone in Dallas,
              TX that can help out a fellow van owner/purchaser?

Hello all,

I may have made a mistake, but I'm an adventurous sort, and my Vanagon TDi conversion is taking way too long and I needed a van to drive in the meantime. I've always liked the Eurovan 5spd, and so I bought one needing a bit of work in Dallas TX. the kicker is that I'm in Buffalo, NY and am going to fly out and drive it back to Buffalo. the thought of a rust free 5 speed eurovan made me very excited, and It wasn't an impulse buy but maybe I did get a bit over my head.

I'm an excellent mechanic, and really only need someone to check a few things over, and see what things I need to fix, and what parts I need to bring with me. The Van does run well, ( according to the owner, who seems like an honest person, but doesn't have any mechanical skills) I just want someone to look it over and tell me what I need, and MAYBE a place to work on the van for an afternoon while I get it ready. the issues known to me were- small fuel leak near tank battery fluid changes 2 tires shifting mechanism needing a bushing.

I'll certainly compensate you for your time. sorry for the lack of Vanagon content, I do have 2 Vanagons, one for parts and one I'm building, I just need something for the interim...

thanks so much for any help!

the van is located on Galena St. Dallas, TX, 75228

I'll get more contact info off list.

Percy.