Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:56:09 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: key blanks for vanagon in Vancouver BC
Comments: To: Brendan Slevin <brendan@BELLATAZZA.COM>

I've seen a guy do it. In the bike biz in the south many dealers in small towns are also locksmiths. I watched one of my dealers make a new key once by inserting the blank in the door lock and twisting, then filing according to what his experienced eyeball told him. "Everywhere the tumblers hit and leaves a mark, you file away," is what he told me. It took him about 30 minutes and it worked.

Stephen

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545469