Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:26:47 -0700
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help with coolant light flashing randomly - no leaks
Comments: To: Dvdclarksn@AOL.COM

I got nothing to add to the cool weather question. All I can say is that on one trip up to Palomar Mountain last year, the coolant light on my 84 started to flash. I pulled over, looked at the tanks, couldn't find anything wrong, crossed fingers and continued the climb. The lamp continued to flash incessantly for a few months afterward, then quite mysteriously stopped. Now it just flashed when I want it to: when the engine is first started.

<preach mode on>

If anyone wants to write a nice article about this wondrous and sometimes puzzling circuit, PLEASE do so at http://vanagonwiki.net/index.php/Coolant

If you haven't already, all you need to do is Create Account (upper right) and you can start an article. No real writing skills required, just have at it! If it's a mess, ask me for help! I don't claim to know anything about how these things work, but I can clean up the page. We can all add troubleshooting tips for the next guy that is staring at a blinking coolant light.

<preach mode off>

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR