Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:50:59 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Belated Bus Boo Musing

Well, what can be said? It was another very successful and fun filled Buses by the Beach camping event. Bus Boo 2007 was a riot.

Patty and I had a great time and I don't think we saw Jack more than 30 min. the entire weekend - he was constantly out playing or exploring. Thank you to James, Keegan, Cody, and others for making him feel so welcome and included. He was happy he made new friends. Overall Jack's first bus event was a huge success - he had a great time.

The Costumes were great (the "Flying Tea Bag" - don't even ask), the Chili was awesome (loved that Chili casserole), The buses were beautiful (that 66' Splitie was a real treat), and although I didn't sample any fry down this time I hear it was as tasty and interesting as usual. The Tye-Dye event was new and fun too - I ruined my new pants but it was worth it. For those of us who have never done it before we were amazed at what we created. Jack wore his shirt to school today.

The turn out was great. There were a lot of new faces - that's very cool. It was great to see old friends - we were lucky enough to also make several new friends. There were also some of you were sorely missed (John Meeks, Cecil, Scotty, and others). To those real troopers who showed even though their bus was home "sick" - I wish your buses the quickest or recoveries.

Ultimately it was a great weekend with our "bus family".

We made it home late on Sunday. It was a nice drive home. I had Monday off work and used that to put things away and clean out the bus. I'm hoping it's not for the season.

Apparently I had too much of a good time because Tuesday morning I threw my back out and spent the entire day in bed. Oh well - it's always hard returning to "real life" after having such a great three days. We look forward to seeing everyone in the spring.

-- Thanks,

Jeff, Patty, and Jackson '90 Carat (Grover) '86 (We call this one Parts) '85 GL (Preparing to move to a new Home) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus