Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:16:06 -0400
From:         Todd Olson <todd.olson@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Bus Boo Thank You!

Thank you very much for a great weekend from the Volks Folks at Buses By the Beach!

What a great weekend filled with lots of smiles and belly laughs. It was a little chilly but the Spirits (get it..he he) were high and a great time was had by all. So many great costumes and the kids were so happy. All those smiles...PRICELESS!

We were treated to 14 great chilies and it was SO hard to pick just one "best" but Angela's Mexican Chili took home the trophy this year

The turn out was great. There were a lot of new faces which we love to see. And it is always great to see old friends again. To those real troopers who showed even though their bus was home "sick" - we wish your buses the quickest of recoveries.

The entire campground was "dressed up" with the military encampment across the pond, booming cannons and rata-tat-tat'n guns go'n off all weekend.

The Costumes were great (the "Flying Tea Bag" - don't even ask), and The buses were beautiful (that 66' Splitty was a real treat),

Many thanks go to Kirt and Dave for the late night Phydown! The tortilla chips and Quezydillas were awesome! Also thanks to Sara and Julie for the Tie Dying Activity. Thank you also goes to Kirt and Brien for making the tasty home brews. And to everyone that brought all the yummy chili.

We look forward to seeing everyone again at Bus BRRR! in February and all the hearty souls who join us. If you can't make it in Feb be sure to come to Bus Benefit in May '08. Well, what else can be said? It was another very successful and fun filled Buses by the Beach camping event. Ultimately it was a great weekend with our "bus family".

To see pictures and a video of Bus Boo 2007 go to:

http://busesbythebeach.com/teabag.mp4 (takes a minute to download but it is worth it!

http://busesbythebeach.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=173419 <http://busesbythebeach.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=173419&g2_page=1> &g2_page=1

Wishing you many miles of smiles!

The Volks Folks at Buses By the Beach

www.busesbythebeach.com <http://www.busesbythebeach.com/>

P.S. We need your help with a letter writing campaign. There is a development that is happening next to Grandrogue Campground that will affect the wonderful experience that campground creates. Tom and Joan Briggs need our help. Please check out the following link to learn more and to see how we can help. Click on "Please help us save the quiet"

http://www.michcampgrounds.com/grandrogue/

Wishing you many miles of smiles!

Todd Olson

Buses By the Beach

Coming Events:

Bus BRR! February 9th - 10th 2008 Angola, IN

Bus Benefit! May 15th - 18th 2008 Grand Rapids, MI

Bus Boo! September 12th - 14th 2008 Grand Rapids, MI

For more information go to: <http://www.busesbythebeach.com/> www.busesbythebeach.com

http://www.myspace.com/busesbythebeach

What song is stuck in my head these days?

Greensky Bluegrass, "Tuesday Letter"

Check them out at: http://www.greenskybluegrass.com/