Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:42:23 -0800
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Back-up lights & now tail lights
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

John,

What bulbs did you try for tail lights? I installed brighter bulbs used in Honda's(easy access for me) last January on my daily driver and have had no problems that were not of my own doing. Obviously you are in a different climate but I do drive with my lights on at all times and the only time I melted anything was when I did not properly fasten the tail light backing into the lens. This allowed the bulb to touch the plastic where the bulb goes into the assembly melting it a little, no damage to the lens just the backing. I have been thinking of doing a side by side photo comparison between our Westy with stock bulbs and my 7 Pass. with bright bulbs. I will have to check as I may have put the same bulbs in for backup lights too, not that it would do any good on my daily driver as the PO tinted the rear window.

Mark in AK

----- Original Message ----- From: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET> Date: Thursday, September 20, 2007 11:03 am Subject: Re: Back-up lights To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM