Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:54:34 -0400
From:         Joy Hecht <hecht.joy@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: John Brown's Buses
Comments: cc: toby.gun@verizon.net

Was the campground reluctant to give over the whole end nearer the facilities to the VW event, on what might be a big weekend for them?

And while I'm here - does one have to arrange in advance to share a site with someone and not pay the full rate? Or just show up and the assumption will be two vans per site?

BTW the campground map is on the "official" site too, here: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze292s2/busesbythetrax/id16.html

Joy

:::-----Original Message----- :::From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf :::Of Vdub Guy :::Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 9:38 AM :::To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM :::Subject: Re: John Brown's Buses ::: :::John Brown's Buses, now known as "Buses By The Trax" is on schedule for :::Oct. 5-6-7. Info was being posted on type2 and vintage bus lists but :::wasn't making here on the Vanagon List. It should also be mentioned that :::this is an "alcohol free" camp ground, so a "red cup" policy is in effect :::(no walking around with open containers), we didn't have a problem with :::this last year. My only complaint is that it seems we are stuck in a :::crappy area of the camp ground, the other end is much nicer and a short :::walk to the bathrooms. So, me, always the antagonist and trouble maker, :::when I arrive Friday morning I'm going to ask for a site at the other :::end. If the camp ground attendant doesn't have a problem with that, :::that's where I'll be. An informal survey of folks at last years event was :::99% in favor of going to the other end. If you check the site I posted :::http://www.geocities.com/vw_vanman75/JBB.html?1188568829978 ::: :::it has a map of the campground. The area highlighted in yellow is the :::area reserved for 'Buses By The Trax". Here is the link to the official :::site http://mysite.verizon.net/vze292s2/busesbythetrax/ ::: :::Sharon asked me to take my page down, but I haven't yet. We've had less :::rain here this year than Arizona, so hopefully it won't be a soggy :::weekend like last year.