Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Sep 2007 00:50:09 -0400
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Re: trip report, Portland, Oregon>Bishop, Ca. return.
Comments: To: Walter Houle <whoule@ECSCONTROLS.COM>

Maybe it is my lighter bike..only 16lbs..grin! Actually, my 1.8liter is no powerhouse either. But with the slightly enhanced cam, the performance muffler and the 5sp. manual gears, it will do as I said in my original post. If one wanted a powerful van capable of passing in short distances or going round that jerk that goes along at 50, then speeds up to 75 when the road goes "Passing lane, slower traffic keep right" I guess the Subie, or something other than a WBX motor might be a better choice. My little "Mouse-motor" 1.8 liter inline isn't much better uphill than a WBX motor...but it must be a little better. Next time for mine, I will add a turbo to the 1.8 inline..that should take me into "subie-land" power-wise. Don Hanson