Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:28:06 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Fuel Injection Controller
Comments: To: dylan friedman <insyncro@yahoo.com>

Cool.

I'd hardly call that the 'FI controller. '

Yes, 75 is far more fair on one of those. I priced one recently new at the dealer....

It was obscenely far more than 75ish, like 4 times that I believe, even more.

It's one of those parts I'd rather have around in case I need it, than sell one.

Scott

www.turbovans.com <http://www.turbovans.com/>

-----Original Message----- From: dylan friedman [mailto:insyncro@yahoo.com] Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2007 12:47 PM To: Scott Daniel - Shazam; 'dylan friedman' Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: RE: Vanagon Fuel Injection Controller

Scott, we are talking about the ICU behind the tail light. $75 is fair for that.

I have matched sets of ICU, ICV and ECU, all d versions from late model vans available. Plus all associated wiring harnesses if needed.

dylan

Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> wrote:

Regardless of what they go for on ebay, If we're talking about an ecu for a 2.1 wbxr, especially the D suffix one, 75 would be the very lower end of the scale of what they are worth. Price a new one sometime. I don't think I'd let one for for that little. And when you gotta have one, you really need one. I know the guy wants to help out his tech, but having a spare is very nice. I wouldn't consider owning a vanagon without a spare ECU or two for it, at least one. Scott www.turbovans.com