Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:17:21 -0700
From:         Andrew Martin <campahvan@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: DIESEL 1983 VAN ON  SAN FRANCISCO CRAIGS LIST $1200
Comments: To: Vdub Guy <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>

I had this engine in a 2 ton aluminum step van I purchased used from the USPS. Strong and reliable but very LOUD! I mostly drove it in-town (under 40MPH) but the few times I took it on the highway I wore hearing protection. Perhaps with the more insulated passenger van it's quieter running in the G20 body... I miss the power tailgate but that is all.

Andrew