Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:34:23 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Canadian dealership
Comments: To: Paul Guzyk <paullist@guzyk.com>

I live in Surrey and when I needed a new coolant spigot for the back of the passenger's side head I found it at Roger Jobs VW in Bellingham, Washington.

http://www.rogerjobsvw.com/AboutServiceAndParts

The guy at Guildford ran a check for the part and told me they were the only ones in the Vancouver area with one in stock. It was the steel replacement and I didn't have to ask for a gasket, she had it ready when I got there.

Got to give credit where credit is due...........

On 9/23/07, Paul Guzyk <paullist@guzyk.com> wrote: > > Guilford VW supplies dealer parts to The Bug Shop in Delta, BC, a > very popular Vanagon repair shop in the Vancouver area. > > Guilford parts people probably know Vanagon parts by memory. > > http://www.guildfordvolkswagen.com/HomePage > > > >Gilford Motors, in Surrey BC. > >Best VW parts department I've ever found. By far. > >Been dealing with them since the early 90's. > >Some of the parts people there might even recognize the name 'scott foss > >turbovans' if you > >want to say you were referred. > >I have found vw dealership parts departments extremely hard to work with > in > >the US, in general. I have to go down there and educate them on how to > look > >up a vanagon part. > >The parts system itself doesn't help either. I don't think it's that easy > to > >use, or even that accurate sometimes. I can think of a few parts you just > >can't get. And if they can't find it in the picture, and then find that > part > >number on the price sheet, you're sol. > >Scott > >www.turbovans.com > > > > > >-----Original Message----- > >From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf > Of > >Stacy Schneider > >Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 12:00 AM > >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Subject: Canadian dealership > > > > Need a Canadian dealership close to the west coast. If you have > a > >recommendation and a contact name and # that would be great. Hopefully > >someone who will ship to the states,or maybe give me the part # for a > part > >we can not find here at the dealership for a problem I am having . > > > > > > > > > Thank > >in Advance > > > > > > Stacy >

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" www.crescentbeachguitar.com