Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:30:43 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: buying a 1986-1991 westfalia camper - help
Comments: To: Michael Morris <raindog35@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

Here's three possible candidates for you.

1. 83 Westy, 2.1 waterboxer block & heads ( I think, was just told this so far ) with 1.9 ( stock ) fuel and cooling system. Full westy kitchen. Tent is flawless, best I've ever seen. Overall, 'not bad' . under $ 6K.

2. this one is hot to be sold. 86 white, syncro westy, 93 2.2 subaru engine conversion by me, brand new rebuilt transmission, knarly new BFG tires, set of 5, on 5 Passat 15 inch rims. Basically good condition overall, no body rust, minor dings touched up, full west kitchen, south African headlights and grill. Front and rear disc brake parts available. Roof rack. Locking rear diff. Lots of great things about this syncro westy, soob engine runs great, many new parts there too. It's over 25K though, like 26.5.

3. this one, pretty special. Already two people have their eye on it. 85 hi top Adventurewagen. Full deluxe camper interior with a furnace even. All original. Inside looks like it's never been eaten in, smoked in, or kids or pets, like near new. Nice tangerine color. Perfect body. Looks really awesome. These AW's are the quietest vanagon you'll ever be in too. I dig them. Manual trans 4 speed. Power steering Behr *front* AC in the dash ( ! ) ..Running tired 1.9 wbxr now, plans are for a 2.1, a subaru 2.2, a subaru 2.7 six cylinder XT - 6 engine ( already have the engine and fuel sys. parts ) or a 1.9 Turbo diesel engine. With a good engine conversion .....around, or up to $ 15K. I'm not certain it's really for sale. But someone is going to get it. Engine conversion or upgrade isn't started yet. 'might' be available as is for much less that that big number.....i have to check with two people to let it go. One of them is half partners on it, but he already has one, and I want him to keep that one and we sell this one. The other person is a relative and it might be just right for him. Funny....i get these really special extra nice condition ones and I don't want to sell them much - LOL !

Scott www.turbovans.com