Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 29 Sep 2007 22:02:13 -0700
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Directions to get to Watkins Glen coming from the NORTH

Hi guys, I have been getting request for directions to Westies at Watkins for next weekend. Here are the directions to get to Watkins Glen coming from Buffalo (North West) and Syracuse (North East). ****************************** From Buffalo/Niagara Falls area: ***************************** Shuffle through Buffalo to the NY State Thruway (Interstate 90) heading EAST towards Syracuse and Albany Continue EAST on the Thruway for about 95 miles to EXIT 42 - GENEVA *********************** From Syracuse area: ********************** Head WEST Towards Buffalo on the NY State Thruway (Interstate 90) Continue WEST on the Thruway for about 40 miles to EXIT 42 - GENEVA Common direction to the SOUTH: As you exit the toll booth turn right onto Route 14 head SOUTH Go through the town of GENEVA you will cross Routes 5 & 20 Continue SOUTH for about 40 miles There will be some nice wineries as you travel along Seneca Lake Go through the downtown portion of Watkins Glen on FRANKLIN ST The State Park Visitor Center and the Glen creek will be on the RIGHT "9th Street" will be on the left After the Glen creek and before the gas station at the red light make a RIGHT Take the next RIGHT on Corning Street (Route 329) and head up the hill to the State Park. It becomes "Old Corning Road" Bear right on "Walnut Road" following the signs to the State Park. Continue (on route 419) into the State Park. If there is a park official at the booth, let them know that you are with the VW camper at the Club house. You should not have to pay here. Continue into the park past the pavilion and bear left up a very steep hill, indicating "Campground" Creep up the hill (unless you have Subaru power) to the next ranger boot. Stop there and register for a pass, again do not pay and tell them that you are with the VW group. I will collect $20 for each day of camping from you and turn over the money to the State Park once we have a known count. Continue past the ranger booth up the hill to the Club house. Our camping area will be about 1 mile further on the left. A big open field and a warm club house. Pick your spot on the grass and come register. If you have a GPS, these are the numbers that I am getting from goggle maps for where we will be camping at Watkins Glen State Park: 42.367621, -76.885554 PS I've ordered some T-shirts and have 5 different colors and 5 different sizes including XXL. Cost will be $12/shirt. Let me know if you need directions from a different area or if you need any other information. Joel Camp Director jcort@rochester.rr.com Cell 585-690-8145 ____________________________________________________________________________________ Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games. http://sims.yahoo.com/