Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:31:40 -0700
From:         Kyle Davis <davis_family_46168@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      A clarification to my earlier question...

Hey all,

It's me, the guy who can't search for answers. Well, successfully search for answers.

1st off, thanks to those of you who have responded either here in the digest, or via pmail.

I have learned that it takes more than an 8 degree kilter to do in a dometic after an indeterminate amount of time.

I have also learned a bit more about how to use the gerry.vanagon.com website's search tool (if I could ever get that one to work.)

I have even learned that google searching of vanagon.com can lead to interesting, if not all together intended results.

2ndly, I feel the need to clarify my statement a bit more. The search confirmed some known ways of dealing with campsite kilter. I guess I was looking for that brave-hearted soul who may have gone the extra mile in dealing with campsite kilter.

So, here goes, this is the last time on this particular question. I know where you can find some level guages from all my years of just RV co-camping with my parents. I even have seen some level guages for the dash in a JC Whipme catalog.

The question I am leading to is this, has anyone out there ever actually fashioned those foldaway adjustable stabilizing struts on the four corners of their van for the *ultimate* solution to this? I know, I know buying those orange things to carry around isn't that bad of an idea, but this other posited method would free up valuable cargo space, and definitely get a second look not only from regular campers, but those who have seen westies before.

Kyle

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545469