Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Oct 2007 04:00:01 -0500
From:         Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Symptoms - Manual Tranny
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

John: my local Krautwagon guru says he's seen VERY few leaky rear seals on the Waterboxer. He wanted me to check the oil cooler gasket AND the rear oil pressure switch first. NO one likes pulling that 300ft/lb nut/pulley assembly and replace the seal only to not solve the problem....also maybe check the o-ring that seals the dipstick tube at the block. He also said he can order some sort of flourescent/black light dye to put in the crankcase with the oil to help detect the leak source(after hosing everything clean?). Sorta like the cooling system dye and AC dye, but made for use in oil.

Hope you get it fixed.

MAx