Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Oct 2007 06:26:06 -0700
From:         Kyle Davis <davis_family_46168@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      My findings at www.ebay.de and a question derived from it (LED
              lights)

Hey guys!

My usual Friday email. I am going to go back out there and attempt to fix the drivers side window door regulator so that window rolls up.

I will also see if I've given the WD 40 long enough to sink in on that middle bench row seat.

I've spent the last few days looking at www.ebay.de, but what I remember of my German from school is that most of these guys only want to ship to either Deutschland or Europe. It's a shame, they have some really neat stuff.

I saw this running board thing for the sliding door area. I am wondering if there is anything for the front passenger door (or even driver's side door) to facilitate access by non-tall people.

I even found one of the camper tables I would need, but that guy would only ship to Germany.

I misunderstood one listing, but it leads to my one-allocated Friday question without a search of gerry.vanagon.com...

What I saw was actually one of those sunvisor tint thingies that you put at the top of your windshield to block out the sun. I used to have one for my 1974 superbeetle that said "BUG"

But, being as the font they used looked like an LED readout, I mistakenly thought it was like one of those signs you often see in front of city buses, or tour buses. I do remember even seeing this stuff advertised in JC Whipme, so here goes with my question:

Has anybody ever done this to their Vanagon before? I think it would be pretty cool. Or, do you guys think it would be kind of lame.

And, in the spirit of Friday, the community college I work for has a Dodge Sprinter for a shuttle bus. This doesn't really have much to do with vanagons, but it still looks kind of neat and has stood up to the wear and tear that only a community college can dish out. No wonder why Fedex, and a lot of other companies are picking this critter up.

Kyle

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545469