Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Oct 2007 16:17:28 +1300
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>
Subject:      Re: the vw crafter IS the sprinter. same vehicle.. different trim.

The MB100 is probably not even a Merc design. I suspect that it's a Ssangyong, which would fit the fact that it's Korean. It has FWD, a front-engine and live rear axle... what a combination. Must handle like a real pig. It looks like a 100-series Hiace gone badly wrong, and I can't believe the styling is coincidental (ie the MB is a ripoff of the older Toyota).

>they were selling down >under, but in europe and the u.s. we are in the second generation of >sprinters by now, the first one being produced since 1995 and sold in the >u.s. since 2003. it had independent front suspension and is an excellent >vehicle with great fuel mileage. >in 2007 they revamped the whole thing.

I'm not aware that there is a new Sprinter... if there is, the appearance must be so similar to the old one that you'd have to look hard to spot the difference. Mind, most Sprinters here are cab/chassis (eg ambulances)... the LT is far more common as a unitary van. Hmmm... if there's a new Sprinter, then what about the LT?

Anyway, I was referring to the van before the Sprinter... an ugly box with no independent suspension in sight, which must have been made into the 90s, much like the ghastly Isuzu ELF. -- Andrew Grebneff Dunedin New Zealand Fossil preparator Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut ‚ Opinions stated are mine, not of the University of Otago "There is water at the bottom of the ocean" - Talking Heads