Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Oct 2007 10:06:10 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oh no the tire guys air-wrenched my lugs on :( semi-long ..
Comments: To: TC <trclark@shaw.ca>

Good on ya!

A useful trick to know.

Thanks.

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - "Jaco" (Bustorius)

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil

Please send fav Vanagon/Westfalia links to me at: musomuso1963@hotmail.com

On 10/6/07, TC <trclark@shaw.ca> wrote: > So some time this spring I went to a local no-name tire shop to get my > summer tires on. > I saw em using the air-powered impact wrench so I say in a light hearted > tone "don't forget I gotta get em off my hand" ... > they smile back glug glug glug "yah you dont want em falling off" ... > Well today I scored a right front flat...so I pull over into nearby parking > lot > I grab the short vw tire iron and the mentally disabled vw jack ... > I pull on the tire iron it aint going no where so I stand on it and it just > flies off. > I unleash a lot well chosen words on the no-name air wrench lug heads... > I hike up the rear seat & grab my 19mm husky socket & the 1/2 wrench no go > there > I split the side of the socket for my efforts .. > Now if I only had a bar just 2-3 ' I think I'd be home free, I am looking > everywhere for anything but nope > I cant see anything in the van or the parking lot.... > so should I hike or cab home , > no I recall talking to the auto association they said > "you can get a member ship same day as an incident but you wont get full > prelivegs" > eg no 300KM tow & few other restriction but you would get a 10KM tow for > the cost of a membership. > So I call em up on that, well now the rulez change it membership + $45 same > day incident surcharge > well I guess that not so bad except that was not what they told me when they > asked me for my renewal ... > > So I curse one more time all no-name air-wrench lug heads. > Then BOOM the light goes on I see that mentally disable jack lying beside > the van & eye ball > the tire-iron yah sure slip the tire iron into the section that normally > goes into the jack post on the van and I'll be dammed > if ya dont have 3' cheater bar well I stand like Leonardo right there on the > 3' end & jump up & down > The there is a gwad awfull shearing like lug busted off but no that was the > sound of release I repeat that 5 more time & I am home free > > so there ya go yall got yer self a 3' cheater bar in ya van > but I bet any real vanagon guy/gal already knowd bout ha ? >