Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Oct 2007 06:41:47 -0400
From:         Woody Halsey <WHalsey@SYA.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Doors Available -- calling Jeff
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>

Dear Jeff,

Please contact me via p-mail or cell phone to discuss your doors.

Thanks,

Woody 83.5 V'gon Haverhill, MA Cell = 978-204-5795

My wild guestimate on shipping a vanagon rear hatch door from Oregon to the east coast... 200 to under 300 dollars. After a certain combo of size and weight .......I use trucking and not ups or US post office.... An engine, crated up, west coast to east coast is 200 to 250ish at the 'par-good' . Possibly more as it gets bigger/heavier. I shipped ( via truck and barge ) a whole westy top to Alaska from Oregon and I think that was 600 dollars. So a hatch to the east coast from the west ....perhaps 250 with luck, possibly less. I never really know until I take the packed up item over to the shipping place and they weigh it and give the price. However, I can get quotes ....I give them the dimensions and weight ...of course I'm guessing at the weight ..... If their quote is way off after they actually weigh it, they would adjust accordingly. Scott www.turbovans.com

I finally pulled out the ones I had been stubbing my toes on for years, to have them installed as part of my re-hab, now well under way, only to find that the spares were not all that much better than the rusty originals. I wish I had thought to ask the list for available rust-free hatch and slider.

Maybe it is not too late ... Does anyone in New England have a good, rust-free hatch for an 83.5 V'gon?

I am guessing it would be prohibitively expensive to UPS from South or West rust-free zones??

Woody

Hey Jeff.

Nice web site. I had never seen it before. I'd encourage others to

take a look if they haven't done so already.

Neil.

(who isn't "sucking up" to get doors for free as he regularly stubs

toes on a spare slider and hatch door in his basement. --- ;^)

--

Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia -

"Jaco" (Bustorius)

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil

Please send fav Vanagon/Westfalia links to me at:

musomuso1963@hotmail.com