Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Oct 2007 07:35:57 -0700
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Atwood Furnace install documentation
Comments: To: Troy <colorworks@gci.net>

Hi Troy, first of all, thanks for wanting to contribute your experience to the wiki.

It's pretty easy to contribute. First, login or create an account (upper right corner of any wiki page). This gives you the permission to create or edit pages.

For your heater page, I'd do this:

First, figure out how someone would expect to find your page. Go to the Tech Pages organized by Subject and click on "Westy-Specific" (I reckon this is mainly a Westy mod?, If general Vanagon then use the "Vanagon Modifications" page instead).

This will take you to a page with existing links to articles. You need to edit this page to create a new link. Click the Edit tab at the top of the page and put the line "Atwood Furnace Install" between "Alternative Refrigerators" and "Buese Shelf" (we try to keep things alphabetized).

Highlight "Atwood Furnace Install" and click the toolbar Link button (a world with a bit of chain under it). A dialog box will open asking for the Link. Here, type in "Atwood Furnace" (no quotes) and click OK. Note that if a page with the same name already exists, it will show up in the Search Box.

When the dialog box closes, Save the page. Now there is a link to what's going to be your new page.

Click that link and the wiki will discover that the page does not yet exist and open it as a new page for editing. Here you have a blank slate to write your article. For pictures, use the "Upload File" link on the left to put them on the server - remember their names - then use the little mountain and moon "Insert/Edit Image" button on the toolbar to place the image.

Start with a paragraph or two, and preview your changes as you go along. You really can't break anything on the wiki, damaged pages can be rolled back to previous versions. p-mail me if you have more trouble. Also see "Editing Help" at the bottom of any page that you are editing.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR