Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:47:52 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Report on Manual on CD offered on eBay
Comments: To: Wetwesties <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>

Greetings to all T 2-5 owners & Ops

DISCLAIMER... I am in no way associated with this eBay offering ... I am simply reporting my findings to the group for the purpose of edification ...

Recently there was some discussion regarding an offering on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320160600246&rd=1

the offering is for a CD version of shop manual and touted as being the cleanest version you will ever own as you simply print off pages required so for the 11$ investment (5$ + Shipping) i bought it... simply to be able to report on what it is ...

well specifically it is a Snap-On/Mitchell shop manual for a garage that handles foreign vehicles for the years stated in the advert .. the CD manual also contains most imports... Alpha to Volvo for the years stated ... and in the technical manual it also has SAFETY ALERTS & Recalls which is interesting cause the first ones listed for VW Vanagon are the many issues that will lead to a fire in the engine compartment ... all fuel line failure related ... and the machine does not have to be more than 20 years old to be suffering from the problem (although now... most are getting close to that) the weakness is and was known right out of the gate ... Also included on the CD are several PowerPoint style barker shows that invite you to purchase many more Garage & Service Center Management tools from SNAP-ON/Mitchell but the viewing of these is optional ...

Will this item replace your bently ... hmmm well i dont know if that would be a good idea cause the bently also covers westfalia stuff ... and syncro stuff ... (i didnt notice any syncro stuff on the cd... as of yet) from what i have seen so far ... the CD version also covers removal of westfalia stuff to access VW stuff when required ...

I have only had the disc installed for a day and gave it a quick once over ... further study may reveal other issues that could be a problem ... but for the guy who cant shell out the full price for a bently ... this might be a good alternative... but you know what ... if you own a computer ... it is likely you can cough up the bucks for a bently

My girlfriend in ohio made the eBay purchase for me and then had it mailed to me here in canada directly from the shipper she will be reporting separately to eBay regarding the quality of seller/buyer experience and all that eBay stuff yours -- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ----------------------------------------------------------- View the growing list of video work at: http://one.revver.com/watch/376349 http://one.revver.com/watch/357909/qt/affiliate/10 http://one.revver.com/watch/345572/qt http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364