Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Oct 2007 21:52:22 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Why I don't drive the Baja at 4 in the morning!
Comments: To: Bernie Steinnger <berniej@GMAIL.COM>

I hope your not telling us (or should i say "me") that it's safer in the US??? come on men!!! The USA, where their is more murder per capita then the rest of the world!

As much as everything was super fine wile traveling in the US, i can tell you an horror story, in TX and one in FL, i never told about it because i don't see the point in scaring people about traveling... you can cross the road in the morning just beside your house and get kill!

Border town are known for their roughness, it's well know not to drive at night and not to spend time for nothing around those area.. maybe those guys felt to much secure in Baja for years and decided that night driving was OK... wrong i guess...

Many people have travel in Mexico for years, they have not much to say about bandidos!: http://www.ontheroadin.com/travelinnformation/blameiton.htm

Funny thing, most Canadian are way more afraid of traveling in the US than in Mexico.

I have been in Baja in 2003 for more than a month and i felt just like i was at home.

There is bandidos everywhere... yea, i remember those drunk young guys in TX, in a pickup truck with 3 riffle in the back (for a Canadian, that is one scary sight!)... i remember. They had a taste of a crazy "not to mess with" Canadian.

Cheers, Ben http://www.benplace.com/vw2.htm