Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Oct 2007 19:40:07 -0700
From:         Bernie <berniej@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Why I don't drive the Baja at 4 in the morning!

hope your not telling us (or should i say "me") that it's safer in the US??? come on men!!! The USA, where their is more murder per capita then the rest of the world!

Not comparing the countries. I'm simply stating why I have no interest in driving in the Baja in the wee hours of the morning. I have been to the Baja on 7 or 8 occasions and love it.

Many people have travel in Mexico for years, they have not much to say about > bandidos!:

We travelled down the Baja 25 years ago and then took a ferry from Cabo to mainland Mexico. From there we went north to Durango and the next day drove the road from Durango to Mazatlan. When we got to Mazatlan the owner of the campground asked us from where we had come. I told him and he said that there was a "travel advisory" on that road. You should not have been on it. The bad guys had dressed up as Federals and stopped tourists. There had been shootings and some killings. All this a day or two before we travelled that road. It could have easily been us. That's a fact and not a story. I know.........I know this is not the norm. But to say it can't happen would not be accurate.