Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:34:33 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Power loss when engine wet and cold
Comments: To: Ric Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>

No one here can know for sure what is your problem, it could be 50 different things! The ECU (computer) take it's imput from 3 location; 1 is the temps sender (blue), it's located on the left side of the throttle body, if you don't know the state of this one, change it (it's a must anyway)! When there, clean the connector with "Brake Cleaner", this will will remove any trace of humidity. The second one is the OS sender, if you don't know the story about this one, change it. This one can also be unplug and the engine will still run fine, so you can unplug it and do some test. It's location is on the right side, under the coil, look for a green wire, single connector. The third one is the AFM/AFM temp sender, the AFM is attach to the air filter box, this one is expensive and impossible to unplug. The engine need at least the AFM and the temps sender to work properly.

If you know a nice and honnest mechanic around your neighborhood, go and see him and ask him to swap parts wile the problem occur.

I acustomer came to my shop with a very high idle, we swap a few parts including the idle control box, it was the proplem, 15 minutes, 75$ for the used part.

If you do that and the problem is still there, it could be in the harness or in the computer.

I hope that help Ric. Regards, Ben http://www.benplace.com/