Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Oct 2007 23:49:53 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: another fun 2200 mile road trip in the 84 inline four.. trip
              report
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>

Don, I wonder if you have the owner's manual for your van - the small one that's usually in the glove box. It tells you in there the O2 light is just a reminder. It's not like it's a check engine light or anything intelligent, just triggered by an elapsed miles counter. I suppose there's a tendency to think warning lights like that one 'intelligent' but on early 80's or whatever year your van is .......i don't think the Check Engine light or other computer controlled 'check' light was even invented yet. RTFM.....i think that's the acronym. \ I like that run......St. George Utah to Winnemucca, from there I go north than west on all nice two lane roads and come into southern Oregon that way. Love it out there. Scott