Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:16:07 -0400
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Home Made version of "the easy-bleed" for de-airing your
              van's rad.
Comments: To: Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

The outer coolant pipe feeds coolant to the radiator. It fills from the bottom up. There is a baffle which brings the coolant almost to the top, near the bleeder where it can flow over and gravity helps it to the return hose. Yes it flows backwards from conventional systems. The reason you can not have too much air is that the pump has to do a push-pull thing to get the coolant flowing. One problem that can happen with the radiator is that it can crack internally. This will allow coolant to enter and leave without actually flowing through. Another headache.

Dennis