Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:36:34 -0600
From:         Tom Buese <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Custom Westy Poptop Canvases?
Comments: To: Mark Drillock <drillock@earthlink.net>

On Oct 24, 2007, at 10:23 AM, Mark Drillock wrote:

> I would be interested in a couple 3 window canvases if you have > made them before and are confident of the fit.

I haven't made this specific type of poptop canvas before, but I would guarantee the fit. There are plenty of vendors out there making the aftermarket ones(even Westfalia), so I see no need to introduce another version to compete w/ the others. However, if someone wanted a custom color, etc. then I could fill that niche?

> No exotic colors for me, 1 silver and 1 linen. I often camp where > it is HOT.

Yep, & I enjoy your tales of Baja immensely.

Regards,

Tom B.-probably want a "Class A" flame spread rating? > > Mark > > Tom Buese wrote: > >> Well Hell, if anyone is interested, I will make up a custom color >> westy poptop in any of the 60 +- Sunbrella Marine grade fabrics shown >> here: >> http://www.outdoorfabrics.com/ProductCatalogue.aspx?cid=23&page=1 >> See example of a custom Tilt canopy I have made w/ this fabric: >> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/1311070.jpg >> Not sure on the price($$), but they will be as close to original as >> you want or 3 window, etc. >> Tom Buese >> Busware >> alias-canvas guy >>