Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:04:26 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: how NOT to instal your poptop tent
Comments: To: Geza Polony <gezapolony@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

We just did our 15th one last Sunday, 3 hours top.

So here is what i have learn so far. -I like the GoWesty tent better. -it take 2 peoples, 3 is too much, 1 is not enough. -on erlier van (the one with the stapples), you can cheat, you can just staple the top part INSIDE the tent and put soft side velcro to hide the stapple. -ALWAYS begin with the top/front center part, align this one TDC (he he), check lenght with bottom (always leave the surplus on the top side), when shure, do the lower front part. The pop top need to be lowered about 2 in all the time when you do the job, alway raise it after each step to see if everything is ok. Make knotch (on the cord)on lower front corner to help this one turn more easy. http://www.benplace.com/85rouge/body86.jpg http://www.benplace.com/79beige/79beige45.jpg

-Next is to do the top side, the key here is to check the top to bottom lenght a few time along the way. It's also CRUCIAL to stretch the canvas IN THE BACK as most as possible, if you do not stretch, you won't have enough canvas to go all around. http://www.benplace.com/83westy/blanche90.jpg http://www.benplace.com/85blanche/blanche22.jpg

-When the top is done all the way back (except the last screw), do the bottom side and stretch as much as you did for the top part. Raise the roof a few time along the way. -Do the top rear part, that shoulb be pretty easy. -the lower rear part will be a little bit more dificult but if you have stretched the side you will be OK.

http://www.benplace.com/79beige/79beige47.jpg http://www.benplace.com/84westy/brune152.jpg http://www.benplace.com/83westy/blanche103.jpg http://www.benplace.com/83westy/blanche106.jpg

http://www.benplace.com/pop_top.htm

Have fun Ben