Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:44:03 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replacing seats?
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com>

I hope jeff scored bonus points on that one too. I recently witnessed a vanagon with a set of late model SAAB seats (i believe them to be the latest of the SAAB 9000 models, but i think they might have also been early 9.3 model seats). From my understanding, any seat can be adapted, but the SAAB seats tend to have a flat base and do very well as a result of that. I've seen porsche seats installed as well, and i believe that people steal the Recaro seats out of spare '90's GTI's (correct me if thats not the right model) that everyone seems to have lying around (because they pulled the engine out to put in their vanagon, and they took the steering wheel while they were at it right?). I'm sure browsing at the local car mortuary will give you some ideas.....but now you have seats that don't match, returning you to the idea of a upholstery place.

With enough creativity, seats off a Jet with cool ejection hardware and awesome seatbelt, or even a home couch with adapted seat belts (i really dont think thats a safe idea though...) can be adapted.Best of luck! Have a glorious day!

-Craig '85gl (has to work before i'm worried about the seats)

On 10/24/07, Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com> wrote: > > Stuart - Good quality work here from what I have been told. Not on the > East > Coast but I think they will create and ship the materials to you for > installation. Either way this will get you started: > http://www.sewfineproducts.com/ > > > -- > Thanks, > > Jeff > '90 Carat (Grover) > '86 (We call this one Parts) > '85 GL (Preparing to move to a new Home) > '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus >