Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:16:03 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 85 GL in the junkyard in South Bend Indiana
Comments: cc: Zequador <zequador@hotmail.com>

Way to go Scotty! That was just what you have been looking for -and a trade none the less - perfect. Looks to be in pretty good shape for something that was left to languish in a Junkyard.

I'm not going to be a jerk and try to name your new bus but it seems to me the name just might be in the Street name the junkyard was on :)

I'm happy for you man - I'm almost as excited as I might be if I had made that deal.

On 10/24/07, Peter T. Owsianowski <pnoceanwesty@gmail.com> wrote: > > Bus Saved! > > > Scotty ended up talking the junkyard into a trade for a plasma cutter he > bought from a pawn shop! Got the title and drove it home. We figured > they > wanted the plasma cutter to cut up buses! > > We got the bus back to my barn and found the bench filled with 4 bags of > bus > parts! Injectors, ECU's Expansion Tanks, Fan Switches, and much > more. The > bus is pretty straight and has not been hacked on too much. Very little > rust for an '85. Great Rescue! > > Pictures here: > > http://picasaweb.google.com/pnoceanwesty/85BlueBusRescuedFromJunkyard?authkey=FJPGzBCLcqw > > Pete > '79 Westy "Aardvark" > '87 Westy "Joe's Van" > WWW. Busesbythebeach.com > > > > On 10/23/07, Ahlgrim, Kevin <kahlgrim@iusb.edu> wrote: > > > > I can't believe what people take to the junkyard. This vanagon's body > > is in really great shape for Northern Indiana. Only rust I saw was > > around one window. They said the guy had too many projects so drove it > > in. It started right up but there is a leak in the radiator so there is > > no antifreeze so I didn't run it to long. Doesn't look like the heads > > are leaking. Has just over 100,000 miles on it. Other problems are > > electrical. I didn't get a chance to drive is since it was parked in. > > There is a spare engine in the back of the van. They're looking to get > > around $1000 before they start parting it out/crushing it. It's at the > > Gertude Street U-Pull-It, 574-472-1277. Please save this Vanagon. I > > have pictures if you would to see them. > > > > I'd save the van if I could but have no room for another vehicle. I > > have nothing to gain from this except the joy of seeing a good Vanagon > > back on the road. > > > > Kevin > > > > > > -- >

-- Thanks,

Jeff '90 Carat (Grover) '86 (We call this one Parts) '85 GL (Preparing to move to a new Home) '78 Bus (Melissa) Patty's Bus