Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:26:59 -0400
From:         Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: O2 sensor substitute
Comments: To: thomas LaPointe <vanagonmail@gmail.com>

Hi Thomas,

It's an OE XTRA brand Part# REA1001. It fits multiple vehicles (VW was not included because of the connector).

You can go to www.oextrabrand.com and search for part number REA1001 and it should come up.

Mike

thomas LaPointe wrote: > the link you gave does not work correctly. > at the flaps, what vehicle was this O2 sensor supposed to fit? part number? > > On 10/25/07, *Mike Collum* < collum@verizon.net > <mailto:collum@verizon.net>> wrote: > > Hi all, > > I just returned home from a trip to southwestern Virginia via BusDepot > (no ... I couldn't be there for buses by the Depot) and I averaged 20.84 > mpg in my '85 1.9 Westy. That's the average for the entire 2,712 mile > trip which included hills, some city driving, and some periods of going > 70 mph so as not to become a road hazard. > > The morning I left I replaced my bad O2 sensor with one from VIP (a > flaps) which cost me $16.00. I cut off the connector and spliced in the > VW female spade. Here's the one I got: > > http://www.oextrabrand.com/web_app/oex_bgbulk.aspx > > In that the Westy performed flawlessly and the mileage figures were > pretty good, I'd say it was a good choice. > > Mike > Houlton, Maine > > > > > -- > 1985 Full Westy "Rustfalia" > 1982 Full Westy "dead engine" > 1991 GL > 1972 Honda Z600 2 cyl