Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:43:27 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: will a poptop fit inside a GL?
Comments: To: Tom Buese <tombuese@comcast.net>

My van was a standard passanger van (with a sunroof) before the top was crudely added (therefore killing the much cooler sunroof!). No cutting was done, and the fiberglass top seems to fit the curves of the bus top pretty well....so i would think it could be transported pending proper attachment with glue and rubber bands (or bungee chords, bailing twine, and alot of trust). I dont know if it would fit inside though.

-Craig '85GL

On 10/25/07, Tom Buese <tombuese@comcast.net> wrote: > > I can't imagine it would fit inside even w/o buggering everything > up? In any event, why not just bungee the heck out of it on the roof > of your vanagon? I believe it was made to fit there? > > Pax, > > Tom B.-no actual experience doing this but WTH > > > On Oct 25, 2007, at 2:27 PM, Lee Peterson wrote: > > > Hello everybody > > > > I need to transport a poptop. It does not have the canvas > > attached. I > > think it will fit in my 89 GL with the bed folded down. The > > plastic panels > > that hide the A/C lines to the compressor in the rear are out so > > it's as > > wide as the door back there. > > > > If it won't fit I'll have to borrow a pickup truck or tie it to the > > roof. > > Then drive on the freeway. > > > > Just hoping someone has some first hand knowledge. > > > > Lee > > 89' Syncro > > soon to be a multivan >