Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:31:37 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1980 Vanagon air cooled :Dying engine
Comments: To: Janyce Bartlett <janycebartlett@MSN.COM>

Janyce, another alternative to you is to replace your aircooled with a newer watercooled. Check out SFO area craigslists. There are cheap 83.5 - 85 watercooled Vanagons for sale all the time for below $2000. Some of them are very decent road runners still. My 84 (not for sale) has almost 150k miles on it yet it runs extremely well. I figure I would get $1.5k the most if I were to sell it. You can get one at $1.5k that runs great still. $1.5k is not even enough to rebuild yours. So you should consider this alternative. You will love more a watercooled. Every time I drive my 84 I hardly can find a reason to sell it.

Good luck.

David