Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Oct 2007 10:35:05 -0700
From:         Lee Peterson <iridewheelies@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: will a poptop fit inside a GL?

Thanks everyone for the advice, I ended up putting it on my roof rack anyway. I picked up too much other stuff to fit it inside.

I am very excited about this project. I've been putting together a parts list this morning. Hope to have it all finished in a few months. I'm Going to try small hole method, custom bed. I got the fold out bed from the doner westy. Not sure if I can make it work or not.

For some reason the skylight has been blocked off with plywood. I have to investigate to see what is left in there. I might try to put a larger RV skylight in. I'm not sure what it available.

stay tuned..

Lee 89' syncro (multivan)

On 10/25/07, Tom Buese <tombuese@comcast.net> wrote: > > Back in the 60's, I put a 125cc dirt bike inside a 64 VW bug. It > fit, but did it make sense to do it, not bugger up the upholstery? > > Nope! > > Tom B.-take out all the seats except the driver's > > > On Oct 25, 2007, at 3:45 PM, craig cowan wrote: > > > Leave it to this list of masters to have multiple people who have > > not only tried but succeeded and can sudgest the best way to make > > the roof of a car, fit inside. I bet people who drive their honda > > elements (i had to throw that out there) and have no problems with > > cars, no love for their vehicles, and most importantly no strange > > problems like this just don't get to fully experience life! > > > > Either way, your transporting a big piece, so make sure its secure. > > > > -Craig > > '85GL > > > > On 10/25/07, Tom Buese < tombuese@comcast.net> wrote: > > On Oct 25, 2007, at 3:17 PM, Mark Drillock wrote: > > > > > Yes, it fits. Done it many times. > > > > Shows you what I know! Really, it'll fit? Is the top that much > > narrower than the seat level? Do you have to put it in on an angle? > > Can you close the rear hatch w/ it inside? > > > > Tom B.- is it easier to put inside than on the roof? > > > > > > Mark > > > > > > > > > > > > Lee Peterson wrote: > > > > > >> Hello everybody > > >> > > >> I need to transport a poptop. It does not have the canvas > > >> attached. I > > >> think it will fit in my 89 GL with the bed folded down. The > > >> plastic panels > > >> that hide the A/C lines to the compressor in the rear are out so > > >> it's as > > >> wide as the door back there. > > >> > > >> If it won't fit I'll have to borrow a pickup truck or tie it to > > >> the roof. > > >> Then drive on the freeway. > > >> > > >> Just hoping someone has some first hand knowledge. > > >> > > >> Lee > > >> 89' Syncro > > >> soon to be a multivan > > >> > > >