Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:23:24 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: [vanagon] Vanagon re-power cheap & reliable
Comments: To: Karl Mullendore <groups@WESTYVENTURES.COM>

And still, Don's report is valid in that if you get a diesel vanagon, and a basic 1.8 inline 4 , it very much is bolt-in using the diesel vanagon parts. No adapter needed or anything. That's all blocks up until early 99 I think.

Some work to come up with a air filter system, and any fuel system work of course... Heck, DV exhaust is not that great, but the entire diesel vanagon exhaust system is a pure bolt on, if you don't mind that tiny pipe etc., for an 8 valve 1.8 that is. Overall, it's about the cheapest near slam dunk conversion there is. Not saying it's perfect, far from it, but cheap and quite easy, and half-ok - it's very much that. Some people pull those off for like 1,000 dollars total, counting getting the engine and everything, even less than that. Scott turbovans