Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:13:37 -0400
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Definitive test for Hall > ECU?
Comments: To: Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

If the ECU didn't see the engine RPM via the distributor hall sensor, the engine wouldn’t run. Basics. How does the fuel injection work? The injectors, all of them are fired once each engine revolution. This is accomplished by the ECU seeing the coil pulses and firing every other one.

Now, if the engine is not maintaining idle with the stabilizer bypassed, then your basic settings are way off. This may be why you are not seeing expected speed changes with the auxiliary air regulator. You are relying on the stabilizer way too much. The idle should be set to 850-950 rpm without the stabilizer. The stabilizer should only come into play from excessive O2 sensor swings or excessive idle loads such as heavy alternator demands. The power steering and AC should have boost solenoids to increase the idle for their needs.

Dennis