Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Oct 2007 05:22:48 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Re Power...with VW motor..
Comments: To: Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>

Not necessarily. The DX also has a .77 top gear and this makes the overall gearing almost identical to a waterboxer 4 speed on the highway.

At 4000 rpm, stock tires, DX in top gear = 70 mph DU in top gear = 71 mph

The diesel 4 speeds are far worse, as far as highway rpm. The most common had a 5.83 with .85. DZ in top gear = 59 mph

Mark