Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:15:29 -0400
From:         Sam Conant <samcvt@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: How tall is a Vanagon Westy, anyway?
Comments: To: killer.jupiter@gmail.com

Whoops! I should have written "west." The hotel is either in or near Newton and not particularly far from the "Golden Ghetto" of Chestnut Hill, in Brookline.

Yesterday afternoon, figuring I could avoid the Red Sox crowds around and leaving the Fenway Park celebration, I decided to take Boylston out to 128 and head northward to I-93 for the return to Vermont. It took me 2+ hours to get to I-93 and there was a traffic jam northward to Manchester, NH. So, what typically takes 3 1/2 hours took nearly 6 hours. Fortunately I had my former wife's leased 2007 Subaru around me for the trip. Sam Conant

----- Original Message ----- From: Aristotle Sagan To: Sam Conant Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:43 PM Subject: Re: How tall is a Vanagon Westy, anyway?

I 90 just east of Boston is called Boston Harbor. You must be thinking of the Mass Turnpike Extension Allston Brighton area.

Hmmm.... just looked at the new map. They extended the Mass Turnpike extension to go to the airport. Amazing.

My mistake.

tim ex Medford Mass.

On 10/31/07, Sam Conant <samcvt@comcast.net> wrote: From experience, I've learned to not drive my Westy into cities where I plan to stay in hotels which have only underground or roofed parking areas. One notorious one is located and spans I-90 just east of Boston. It has a sharp, down-sloping and curved entrance and one can become easily and "scrapingly trapped" when trying to enter. The hotel has only limited uncovered parking available. SamC ----- Original Message ----- From: "Maggie Dew" <wildebus@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 12:13 PM Subject: Re: How tall is a Vanagon Westy, anyway?

> My '85 has a taller front end - and with 15" tires it is at least 7 feet. > I > can't park in any of the parking garages, like at the airport, etc. I > can't > park in the garage at home either. Sigh . . . > > Maggie

-- Where ever you are, there you be. Unless you're driving my van, in which case, you ain't got there yet.