Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:39:07 -0400
From:         Karin Baker & Raymond Paquette <raymondpaquette@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tiico Conversion
Comments: To: BJ Feddish <bfeddish@netreach.net>

Bryan

Do you know who posted this? I ask because it seems familiar-like I think I've seen it before. I don't have a Tiico (don't even know what it is), but I'd not like to see a good vendor smeared (and I repeat, I don't know if Tiico IS good).

It's just that this message is eerily familiar.

Raymond

On 10/31/07, BJ Feddish <bfeddish@netreach.net> wrote: > > Being a person who has an engine with anywhere from .5 to 100K miles left > on > it, I'm always keeping up on the latest engine rebuilds, replacements, > etc. > Of all of them it seems the Tiico is the least reliable. I have not met > any > person who purchased a Tiico who would ever get another one. That's a > shame > because the engine replacement kits are very reasonably priced and you'd > think that going with what is in the SA vans you'd be making a great > decision. > > Bryan > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of > Vdub Guy > Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:36 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Tiico Conversion > > The following is a post from the Yahoo! Tiico group, I thought some might > find this interesting. I hate seeing stuff like this, and I feel bad for > this person. I almost went Tiico because I really wanted to stay all > Volkswagen-glad now I didn't. They don't say what the Tiico is being > replaced with, but I wish them the best. Jeff > > > > > <Sorry to say that after 6 years of aggravation and dissapointment, I > am having my tiico engine replaced. I joined this group hoping to > find that magic bullet that would solve my problems, but it seems all > the members are trying to fix, and refix, and get around, the > problems with this engine. > > I spent a lot of money on this thing. I had it 'professionally' > installed by a recommended shop. Then had it professionally trouble- > shot by two more (tiico recommended) shops. Then it went to three > more shops that were recommended on the vanagon list. It runs like > crap. It is loud, pings like a deck of cards even with premium gas, > and has vibrations - I can't even listen to the radio while driving. > It has no power. Damn I'm sorry I ever heard of tiico. > > I want to keep my van. I've owned it since it was new (1991 synchro > full camper). I thought tiico was the answer, and am very > dissapointed and out mega bucks for that mistake. > > Sorry to post such a negative on this site. I am sure I will get > strong responses, and maybe nasty, disturbing ones! But here I am, > and this is my story.> >