Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Nov 2007 08:50:17 -0800
From:         Pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Insanity on our roads

>> But how many AMEROS per gallon will we be paying next year is the real question...I wonder how many are awake to that word? <<

There is some conjecture that with the declining dollar, those who have the goods (crude goods) may not wish to continue to deal in USD. Should oil be traded in Euros or Dinars in the future, it is thought that the US and us will be out of business so to speak. Not a good outcome, that. The impact on the economy will be devastating as those who faithfully have purchased US debentures will begin to doubt that we can make good on the debt service and further crash the dollar by dumping their US based financial assets. Clearly our current regime has poisoned the well with the various nefarious actions of the past six years.

On a recent trip to Washington DC, Pennsylvania and Maryland I was amazed at the rudeness of the drivers. Of course I replied to their honks with my usual SEG and low IQ happy wave. Gets em every time. Not only do they think you have completely misinterpreted their actions thereby not only NOT validating their gesture, but by offering the S.E. Grin and friendly wave they think you are more of an imbecilic idiot than they originally imagined and perhaps even not competent to control your vehicle ( I often accompany my responses of the S.E. Grin and happy wave with a bit of random bobbing, weaving and slowing). Now the offended driver begins to worry that the barely competent grinning geezer might damage his multibuck conveyance. This may cause the offendi to give me a wide berth while cursing my existence. A beneficial result for me.

Drive politely, the folks you cut off might just be 'knucklers' with a shotgun.

After all, the vanagon is a TOURING car, so just right lane it, tour along, watch the scenery carefully and enjoy the trip.

If you have to get there sooner, you should have left earlier.