Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Nov 2007 14:19:24 -0400
From:         Sam Conant <samcvt@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: don't use cruise control in the rain?
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@mac.com>

Our youth certainly have different forms of "common sense" than they will as they continue to mature. Heck, I recall a high school beach party when several of us decided to dive off the ferry dock in Burlington and swim across Lake Champlain. We had indulged a "fair" amount of Carlings Black Label that night.

After swimming what seemed like a long time we went ashore with relief, climbed the rocks feeling successful about our prowess and realized we had managed to hit the breakwater about 500 yards off the beach. 10-15 more miles to go. A fellow fishing from his boat came and gave us a ride back to shore, shared a beer with the crowd and laughed heartily as he went back to his fishing.

SamC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Brennan" <kimbrennan@mac.com> To: "Sam Conant" <samcvt@COMCAST.NET> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 12:52 PM Subject: Re: don't use cruise control in the rain?