Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Nov 2007 10:01:43 -0500
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      SHE LIVES AGAIN!

I just came out of the cold, from a morning of what would prove to be worthwhile work on my vanagon. As some of you may recall (probably few and far between, but some none the less), my vanagon is a complete and total piece of crap, at least in terms of runnig, it has been since we purchased it a year ago. Well the latest set of issues regarding crappy idle and EXTREMELY rich running have just been solved! While attacking (literally) the engine in a final desperate plea, i shook everything that could shake....only to find one of the main vaccuum lines, or what i think to be a main vaccuum line (about half inch thick, under/near the air filter box) was loose from the engine. I plugged it back in, replaced the temp 2 sensor, started the beast to hear it PURR. It's very responsive and runs well (except for a few tiny problems which we'll get to later). So once again, a successful day thanks to the great wealth of knowledge i've accumulated from the list, along with a "violent repair style". Time for another test drive!!!

-Craig '85gl