Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:01:12 -0800
From:         Brendan Slevin <brendan@BELLATAZZA.COM>
Subject:      Family Fun was RE: odd stalling/rich running-revisited

Well, this weekend I went out to rectify Totoro's slow turn-over and non-staring issue. Sure enough as I had expected, the starter cable wasn't tight so the van was 1.) not charging very well and 2.) not getting enough juice to the starter to start it.

So I tighten the cable down, and try to start the van. I get one very slow revolution and then nada. What am I to do? I call over my six year old girl.

"Hey sissy, wanna help me start Totoro?" "Sure!" "Ok, I am going to take my foot off the brake and you push Totoro backwards." "Ok!"

She was very proud of herself when Totoro rolled backward, I put it in reverse and popped the clutch, vroom! Fired right up and went from 11.9v at the battery to 13.9 and 14.0 at the alt. Yay charging!

Brendan Slevin

Roastmaster

BELLATAZZA

tel 541 593.9750

www.bellatazza.com

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. -T.S. Eliot