Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:16:02 -0800
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: GoWesty's headlight upgrade kit
Comments: To: RAlanen@AOL.COM

Frank, Thanks for that input. I was beginning to wonder if that upgrade was in vain, even with the brighter light. I understand your comments about the pattern of the light emitted and have driven vehicles with copious amounts of light but rotten patterns on low and/or high beam. Plenty of light but in the wrong places is of dubious benefit.

I'll need to drive this setup in real conditions to form a better opinion of the change and if the need for the H4 lenses becomes evident then I guess I'll need to find some of those.

Thanks to you and the others who have chimed in on this. There's no lack of knowledge (or the willingness to share it) on this list. I submitted the step-by-step for the benefit of those who might want to try this mod but are tentative about starting. As with most other tasks, it's not as daunting with some guidance. Whether it is the proper step to take is open to debate, as we've just seen.

Stephen