Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Nov 2007 00:57:59 -0500
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: That recent post bashing Tiico..one on Yahoo subaru too.
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>

Well, to answer the original post...

That fellow spent 10K! ok, so what, we all spent money the wrong way, each day of our life.

Conversion! yea, what this word mean exactly? it mean a lot of thing, but in general, it mean putting something in a stange or different environment, and that scared people... it mean it's in an all new place and world, now, to do so, you need to prefectly know what you are doing, and there is NO way you will do it right the first time, far from it. So on that list (i'm on) people try to do a Subi conversion, why are they they there? to save money! for fun? Naaa. Just to save money, they can not justify 10K on a 5-10K van so they try themself, and they fail! So that list will be there for a long time. This can be done perfectly the right way the first time, but hey! we won't give you all the inside! Vanaru as perfected that conversion, i own one, i should know! I know have invested my knowledge with them, and believe me, i would NOT do so if i didn't believe in the product, some of you know me enought to see that i will not do so with a crappy product.

I just came back from the US... NJ, NY, PA, 2000 miles, half of it was pulling a trailer with 2 heavy Subi SVX engines in the back, 1000 pounds at least (yea, don't worry, i took pictures), crusing over the PA hills... easily! Yea, that 2.5L was pulling those SVX so easily, shame on those SVX :-) . My story is fact and NOT fiction. I now have past the 12k miles on my engine since spring, the only problem i had was a bad clutch disk! faulty! i change this one today, nothing really bad but i had to know what was wrong. So yea, it was just a defective part. Those thing happen.

So PRO conversion cost money, you don't want to pay, do it yourself and live with the consequence and stop winning about it.

Me, i would NEVER had plan a trip to Mexico with a stock VW engine, or any VW engine for that matter!

I'm driving my van each day, it's my only vehicle, i drive it far and hard also.

I finaly feel secure in that beast. Do you?

300 Subi pictures and video comming soon, if i feel like it! anyway, we have so many conversion to do that i don't push it!

By the way, thank to Matt from NJ and his suberb family for their great hospitality... men that guy is terrific! I can wait to meet them soon again!!! thanks for the fun evening and good food, he is the real true stuff! what the rest of the world should see and know about American people!!! your are the best! Your are a great human being my friend! (i have your Arrowhead on my desk!)

Ben http://www.benplace.com/85westy_2_mecanique2.htm