Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Nov 2007 20:56:01 -0700
From:         BA <oddstray@ODDSTRAY.COM>
Subject:      Vanagon Wiki Haaaalp????? (was Re: VanagonWiki.net up,
              and running(NEEDS CONTENT))
Comments: To: Sudhir Desai <sudhir.desai@GMAIL.COM>

So, OK ...

I want to insert a page which will ultimately provide sewing patterns for '87 Vanagaon Westfalia curtains. Right now they provide maybe enough information that a new owner can sort through the pile of curtains and determne which ones belong where.

I went to:

http://www.vanagonwiki.net

and it re-directed me to:

http://www.vanagonwiki.net/index.php/VanagonWiki

So far, so good. The "non-technical" pages seem like social-type pages. So I go to "Tech Pages organized by Subject ".

Then I click on the link whose title is "Westy-Specific". But I wind up on a page whose URL is http://www.vanagonwiki.net/index.php/Westy_Mods

Does this not violate wiki standards? Since I clicked on a link whose text was "Westy-Specific" then I expected to wind up on a page whose URL was http://www.vanagonwiki.net/index.php/Westy-Specific

Anyway. I do not want to add curtain information to a page named "Westy_Mods" since this is not a mod. How do I create a page with the URL:

http://www.vanagonwiki.net/index.php/Westy-Specific/Westy_curtains

??? Inquiring minds want to know ...

B&S '87 Westy 'Esmerelda Blanc' SoCal