Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Nov 2007 23:28:18 -0500
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Charcoal canister/valve problems
Comments: To: Dvdclarksn@AOL.COM

It is common for the screen on the bottom of the canister to rust out and allow the carbon to fall out and clog the vent inlet. The vacuum operated should open when the throttle is opened. If the system is working normally, it will be common for pressure to let out when the cap is removed. It should pressurize but never go into vacuum. Vacuum can collapse a tank, especially the aftermarket ones.

Dennis